Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm getting re-married.

Ah, hello there, kind reader. I'm sure by now you know that this blog is dedicated to Stephen King's works and not much else.

I am very excited to have started this blog. In the past, I have had numerous (too many to count, really) blogs. I've made a Tumblr account, I've had several blogspot accounts, as well as trying my hand at Xanga a few times. For many reasons, none of those have worked out. Perhaps the biggest problem has been my darn procrastination -- I come up with very, very strong ideas for blog posts but never get around to posting them. "I'm too busy." Also, the fact that my blog accounts have never focused on just one thing has  been a major cause of my starting a blog (or novel, in some cases) with a fire in my eyes and then eventually throwing it in the trash (physically and/or metaphorically), never to be heard from again. I rarely have ideas that I consider to be good enough to write down, let alone have someone else read. My good ideas are sporadic at best.

So, that's where this new blog comes into play. I've decided to create a blog that focuses on only one thing -- Stephen King's novels. In a sense, when I make a new blog account, it's like meeting someone new, falling in love, and getting re-married. At the start, I try to get past the awkward hello's and how-do-you-do's as smoothly as possible so I can get into the nit and grit of things - but that hardly ever happens, because we tend to get divorced long before then. Maybe it's my unwillingness to put much hard work into the whole thing after a short period of time, or maybe it's her blank white "New post" pages that stare at me through the computer screen, intimidating me, daring me to write down something new and genius.

I cannot promise that I will stick with this blog. I will try my best because quite frankly, King's works have breathed life anew into my energy tanks, inspiring me to write like I used to. You may think that is silly, and if the roles were reverse I might just think the same. Ah, well. We can't all look through the same pair of eyes, can we? Regardless, I hope that I reach someone with this blog -- perhaps I can open someone's eyes to the works of Stephen King that has never read anything by him before. And if not, then I am, in all honesty, doing this only for myself, because writing - as I have said numerous times before to numerous friends  - releases me.

Happy reading,
Cody


P.S. Before I go, I must give credit to the person who planted the idea for this blog into my head. She (I'm assuming the person is female, anyway) started a blog on this very website -- "A Year With Stephen King." In a year's time, she planned to read Stephen King's entire collection of books and short stories, and discuss them, offering her opinions on what she had read. I cannot even remember her username, unfortunately, and I cannot seem to find her original post on the Stephen King message boards where she originally told us about it. However, here is a link to her blog page, which I suggest you check out. It's great. http://ayearwithstephenking.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I hope you never stop writing. I think you have a knack for it. Your writing reminds me of, well, me and how I used to scribble things like this down, of course, no one ever read what I wrote. Anyway, keep putting your thoughts on paper, don't ever get too busy to stop. (:

    ReplyDelete