Saturday, June 23, 2012

Changes?

Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a great Saturday. I've been thinking of changing some things here on my awesome blog (ha!). I've changed my profile picture and about me as most of you have probably noticed (and if you have not, feel free to look over now), but those are small changes. I want my blog to appeal to more people, not just avid Stephen King readers - and writing about King's works exclusively is counter-productive to that. I love having a blog and want to keep this one up. So I am thinking of changing my url and blog title to something a bit more general...maybe I could write about other novels besides King's. However, I mostly read King so I would be writing about what I think of his stuff the majority of the time, but maybe I can write about other books, too. And who says this blog can only be about books? I love music, too - maybe I can write up a CD review or two. Who knows. I've tried similar things on previous blogs, and I never seem to follow through with it, but I think I just might this time.

I know I don't have many readers (again, that's because most folks don't read Stephen King books, which is a sad but true fact) and I don't want to grow bored with only writing about one author's work. So I'm deeply considering this.

In the meantime, I have started the journey to the Dark Tower once again, and will be posting my thoughts on the first novel in the 7-part series. I hope you enjoy those posts. And if you don't, then my apologies. I have a feeling they are going to be a LOT of fun to write about. I can't wait to be in the depths of the strange world that is like ours, but it's not ours, with Roland leading the way. I can't wait to travel with Eddie, Susannah, Jake, and Oy. I can't wait to find myself wanting to get to the tower again, much like the characters on the page. The journey begins...

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...

Happy reading,
Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment